“I want to do my yoga teacher training in Bali.” It has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it?
The idyllic beaches, beautiful year-round weather, and rich and spiritual culture (over 80% of the population practices Balinese Hinduism) make Bali the perfect destination for budding yoga teachers.
Still not sure you’re ready to take a course, but Bali is really tempting you? Take a look at our “Signs you’re ready to do the yoga teacher training” article which might help determine if you’re ready for training. The following are the best teacher training courses you can take in Bali!
* All prices are in USD and subject to change.
1. 50-Hour Aerial Yoga Yoga Teacher Training
We’ve all experienced that yoga class which leaves us feeling like we’re floating on cloud 9; with aerial yoga, you will quite literally be doing a yoga class in the air! The course will teach you how to practice traditional Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga on swings, how to effectively communicate with partners so that you can practice safely and also how to develop fun and challenging sequences.
- Style: Aerial, Acro
- School: Ulu Yoga
- Teachers: Edward Pawlak, Shashi Mahler, Cody Gavin Pizer
- Location: Ubud
- Days: 6 days
- Price: $699+
- Website: https://shop.uluyoga.com/
2. 100-Hour Yoga Nidra Teacher Training Course
As you know, yoga is more than just working with the body. This course takes you on the journey of Yoga Nidra, the yoga of sleep, which can alleviate some of the deepest traumas of the body, and the mind. Gain an understanding of how Yoga Nidra can be used therapeutically and a new set of tools to help improve health and accelerate your own, and your students’ personal growth.
- Style: Nidra
- School: Somah Journeys
- Teachers: Simone MacKay, Emma Lowe
- Location: Payangan
- Days: 11 days
- Price: $2,350+
- Website: https://somahjourneys.net/
3. 200-Hour Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training
With over 6,000 combined teaching hours, the Wellness52 team will guide you on the journey of becoming a teacher of one of the most traditional and popular yoga styles. As well as learning the Ashtanga Primary series, you will gain an understanding of how to adapt the series to students with special needs, and also the secrets of yoga philosophy.
- Style: Ashtanga
- School: Wellness52
- Teachers: Summer Dien Trang, Greg Nardi, Rachel Wood, Gwendoline Ferriera
- Location: Ubud or Canggu
- Days: 24 days
- Price: $3,900+
- Website: https://www.wellness52.net
4. 200-Hour Vinyasa Yin Yoga Teacher Training
Are you an active yang practitioner, or do you need more yin in your life? With this yoga teacher training course, you will learn how to lead both a vinyasa class and also a Yin Yoga class. As the main focus is on the latter, you will discover how to work with Chinese meridian energy channels and get an in-depth understanding of Yin Yoga postures.
5. 200-Hour Shamanic Yoga Teacher Training
This unique course combines the wisdom of vinyasa and Yin Yoga, with powerful Shamanic Breathwork® techniques. From sound healing and Shamanic drumming to cocoa and fire ceremonies, you will be able to immerse yourself in a truly spiritual and healing experience.
- Style: Vinyasa, Yin, Restorative, Shamanic Breathwork®
- School: Levi Banner
- Teachers: Levi Banner
- Location: Ubud
- Days: 30 days
- Price: $4,500+
- Website: https://levibanner.com/
6. 200-Hour All-Round Yoga Teacher Training
If you haven’t decided which style of yoga you want to teach, or want to learn about multiple styles, then this might be the course for you. Covering the major schools of yoga, this course will introduce you to Hatha, Ashtanga, and Bikram sequences, as well as teach you how to lead vinyasa and yin classes.
- Style: Hatha, Ashtanga, Vinyasa, Bikram
- School: YogaFX International Yoga Teacher Training Academy
- Teachers: Dr. Sumit Sharma, Kartika Alexandra, Irena Bartolec
- Location: Seminyak
- Days: 20 days
- Price: $1,999+ (food not included)
- Website: https://yogafxteachertraining.com/
7. 200-Hour Intensive Energy Yoga Teacher Training
Not all of us are meant to follow a well-trodden path. This course will introduce you to a variety of schools and then give you the techniques to develop your own yoga teaching style. With an emphasis on alignment and Eastern and Western anatomy, the course is a great foundation for any budding yoga teacher.
- Style: Hatha, Vinyasa, Iyengar
- School: Atman Yoga School
- Teachers: Cora Shanti, Julia Devi, Aylan Kai
- Location: Padangbai
- Days: 22 days
- Price: $2,376+
- Website: https://www.atmanyogaschool.org/
8. 200-Hour Mindful Movement Yoga Teacher Training
With a limit of only 16 students in each course, this training will take you on a deep journey of learning about the body, mind, spirit, and yoga asanas. With each day containing a Yoga Nidra session and ending with an evening meditation, you are sure to finish the course restored, transformed, and ready to be an inspiring yoga teacher.
- Style: Vinyasa, Restorative, Nidra
- School: Zazyoga
- Teachers: Marylene Henry, Ella Ann Trotter, Stephanie Parent
- Location: Canggu
- Days: 22 days
- Price: $3,500+
- Website: https://zazyoga.com/
9. 300-Hour Intensive Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Training
If you have already completed your 200-hour yoga teacher training course, and are looking to advance your skills as a yoga teacher and business owner, then this is the course for you. Throughout the course, you will learn how to sequence specialty classes, such as ones for stress and anxiety relief, and pregnancy, pre and post-natal care. You will also develop a deeper personal practice as you learn advanced yoga asanas.
- Style: Vinyasa, Restorative
- School: Kaya Yoga
- Teachers: Kaya Peters, Sanne Kerkhof, Rachel Ellery, Marlene Henry
- Location: Ubud
- Days: 25 days
- Price: $4,899+
- Website: https://kayayogalifestyle.com/
So what are you waiting for? Start your yoga teacher journey, today!